1. Who should be using a water flosser?
All kinds of patients can use water flossers and benefit from them, however, it is ideally meant for patients that have crowns, bridges, and other implants. This can also benefit those that have dexterity issues.
2. Can a Water Flosser effectively remove plaque?
Water flossers are very effective in that they are able to reach more deep sockets and remove plaque that may not be in reach for normal string floss.
3. If I have diabetes, can I still use a Water Flosser?
Water flossers have been shown to significantly help the oral care in patients with diabetes. People with diabetes are at an increased risk for periodontal diseases. The water flosser can help reduce the chances of a periodontal disease.
4. Can I add mouthwash to my water flosser?
We recommend that you use warm water because it is seen to be the most effective. However, if you wish to use mouthwash, mix a small amount with warm water and use.
5. Should I use my water flosser before or after I brush my teeth?
We recommend that you use a water flosser before you brush your teeth. This aids in getting out debris that way when you brush, it enhances the effectiveness of the tooth brush.
6. How often should I replace the tips of my water flosser?
It is recommended that you replace the tips of your water flossers every 6 months. This way the performance stays enhanced and the quality of the water flosser doesn’t go down.
7. What pressure setting should I put my water flosser on?
Though all the pressure settings are safe, it is recommended that you start with the lowest setting and work your way up based on comfort over time.
8. What are some benefits of Water Flossers?
Water flossers are known to be more gentle in comparison to traditional string floss. They are less likely to cause bleeding and inflammation in the gums. Along with this, water flossers are super important for those with braces as they can help get food and plaque that may be stuck under the wires.
9. How often should I brush and use my water flosser?
You should brush twice a day and use the water flosser once a day. However, make sure you use the water flosser prior to brushing.